Healthy, easy, and tasty? That’s what we like to hear. Tacos can easily be an unhealthy meal, but not with these ground chicken tacos. These are a healthier alternative to beef tacos as chicken leaner, lower in fat, cholesterol, and calories. Plus, throwing in veggies can fulfill your daily nutritional needs.
Start saying hello to Taco Tuesdays more often!
Thanks to Olena from ifoodreal.com for the recipe.
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 large bell peppers, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 lb ground chicken (I used breast)
- 1 tbsp organic taco seasoning
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 cup low sodium tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn (thawed) or 1 can (drained)
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 bunch radishes, sliced
- 1 tsp salt
- Organic corn tortillas
- Lime, cheese and Greek yogurt, for serving
- Preheat large non-stick skillet on medium heat and swirl oil to coat. Add garlic and onion, sauté for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add bell pepper and sauté for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken, taco seasoning, smoked paprika and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally and breaking chicken into pieces. Decrease heat to low, add tomato sauce and corn, and cook uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Add cilantro, radishes and salt; stir. Serve hot over corn tortillas with lime, crumbled feta or shredded Monterey Jack cheese and Greek yogurt.